Star Wars Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gay Rights - What of It?

3 posters

Go down

Gay Rights - What of It? Empty Gay Rights - What of It?

Post by Daniel09 Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:51 pm

So the United States has slowly begun rewarding gay rights left and right, and the religious fundamentalists are rolling around as if they were on fire. What opinions do they here hold on this here issue?

Myself, I am an advocate for the rights, though I'm not a huge supporter of the extreme flamboyancy that often gets thrown around by the gay community. I feel that religion has no place in law, however much politicians may think it is their job. Marriage especially. It is NOT a Christian institution. It is a binding union practiced by multitudes of religions and by atheists. There should not be restrictions on it because a number of powerful Christian churches feel that marriage is not valid between two men or two women.

I'll hear your words now.

Daniel09

Back to top Go down

Gay Rights - What of It? Empty Re: Gay Rights - What of It?

Post by JokerHound Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:08 pm

Im totally with you. The only reason the government even issues marraige licenses in the first place is because post civil war, the south wanted a way to make sure blacks and whites did not marry. Marraige licenses themselves are unconstitutional. If marraige is a religious institution, and congress is not allowed to maek any laws "respecting an establishment of religion," or "impeding the free exercise of religion," than the fact that we even let the government recognize marraige is sort of insane.
JokerHound
JokerHound

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerHound Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:11 pm

I should actually clarify; It wasn't just blacks and whites, they were used to discriminate against any monorities, ethnic groups, or religions that were unpopular at the time. We are supposed to be a more enlightened society now, so i would think we could do away with such petty discrimination as trying to decide who people in other religious sects can marry. Sadly, this is proven not to be the case.
JokerHound
JokerHound

Back to top Go down

Post by #1SithLord Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:56 pm

I'm all for Gay rights. The government really doesn't have a right to infringe on marriage. Wether it's hetero or homo. However, marriage should be recognized by the government, at least, only for legal reasons. Let's say a spouse dies and doesn't have a will?

But I'm with Tyler on this one, i mean, support gay rights, everyone should have the choice to be miserable. No one else should tell you otherwise.
#1SithLord
#1SithLord
Administration

http://revolution.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerHound Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:35 pm

#1SithLord wrote:

But I'm with Tyler on this one, i mean, support gay rights, everyone should have the choice to be miserable. No one else should tell you otherwise.

What wold Betty say if she saw this?
JokerHound
JokerHound

Back to top Go down

Post by #1SithLord Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Haha, I got that quote from a magnet on the back of her car! It's a rainbow ribbon that says

SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE

Everyone has the right to be miserable.
#1SithLord
#1SithLord
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerHound Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:23 pm

I havent seen either of you since you got married, but i bet you're the most retardedly adorable couple in the world. Your kid better grow up to be hilarious.
JokerHound
JokerHound

Back to top Go down

Post by #1SithLord Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:40 pm

Our kid is gonna need a helmet. He's gonna be a crazier, smaller version of me. I train him on proper trolling and other hilarities early on.
#1SithLord
#1SithLord
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum