Star Wars Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bearer of Bad News

2 posters

Go down

The Bearer of Bad News Empty The Bearer of Bad News

Post by Kori Buor Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:08 pm

Kori hated this feeling. He didn't like running. He felt like a coward. He looked around his bridge, most of the crew was injured. DC crews did their best to repair the damage on the bridge, but the damage was extensive. The ship would have to dock and make extensive repairs. A corpsmen saw to the cut on his forehead as the repairs went underway. The Triumphant had received heavy damage during the fight and was limping back to Coruscant. Navigation said it would take a full three days to make it back to Coruscant with the damage they had. Any faster and they could risk losing the ship or making the damage to it much worse. He didn't like it, their enemy could attack as many important Outer Rim worlds in that time.

The corpsman finished with his bandage and he left to visit the Jedi in the lower cargo hold. He entered the cluttered room to see the two Knights and a dozen younglings crowded in one of the corners. Kin's padawan was meditating a little ways from the group while Kin and Athena gathered around the younglings. Kin looked up and saw Kori approaching.

"Hello Lieutenant, how goes things?" Kin asked.

"Not too well I'm afraid. I'm acting captain and a large part of this ship is damaged. We're on our way back to Coruscant but it's going to take a few days it seems, the ship took a lot of damage," Kori replied.

Athena rubbed her temples as a pained look crossed her face.

"Is she okay?" Kori whispered to Kin.

"The attack on Ossus has taken it out of her. There was a strong Force Tremor an hour after we jumped. We think the planet has been burned," Kin answered. "It's particularly hard on her. She has a strong connection with the Force."

Kori nodded. "Well if there is anything else you need let me know."

Kin bowed gracefully. "Thank you 'acting-captain' Buor."

Kori turned and left to visit the survivors of the Respondent. He had not been able to see them since they were brought on board because of the chaos of the battle and the repairs. They were being kept in the pilot ready room near the hanger. Kori walked into the ready room to see a dozen shell-shocked faces. He walked forward to the front of the room.

"Kori!" A voice yelled from the back of the room drawing his attention. A blonde head popped up from the crowd.

"Johanna!" Kori smiled. He walked briskly back and gave her a hug. "I'm so happy to see you!'

"Me too," she smiled as she hugged him back. "Tell your Captain thank you."

Kori looked down at the floor as he pulled away. "Captain's dead, I'm acting captain now."

"Oh my goodness," she responded. "I'm sorry."

"What happened?" He asked her waving away her apology.

"Well our Captain new the ship was lost. He ordered the helm to block your ship and then ordered all hands to evacuate. I was one of the few who got onto an escape pod in time. I guess I was just lucky I was near one of the escape pods," she said. Kori nodded.

"I understand," Kori replied. "Well if you need anything let me know."

"Actually, I was wondering if I can just stay with you for a while..." She looked around the room and whispered. "I can't be around here."

Kori nodded. "Alright, fine."

Kori took her arm and looked around the room. Everybody was oblivious to his presence it seemed. He led Johanna out of the room and back to the bridge.
Kori Buor
Kori Buor

Back to top Go down

The Bearer of Bad News Empty Re: The Bearer of Bad News

Post by Kori Buor Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:22 pm

The Triumphant exited hyperspace above Coruscant. The past three days had been hectic and busy. The ship dove towards the capital.

"Sir, we are being hailed," the Communications Officer reported.

"Put it through," Kori ordered.

"Aye."

A voiced piped through the speakers on the bridge. "Republic Frigate Triumphant please send identification codes immediately."

"Send the codes," Kori stated. The Communications Officer typed into the computer sending the ship's ID codes to the Republic High Command.

"Identification codes have been authenticated, state your business here," came the reply.

"We are here to report an attack on Republic ships and an assault on a Jedi planet!" Kori responded tersely.

A pause followed. "One moment please."

There was a long pause. A deep voice came onto the speakers. "This is Admiral Talon of the Republic Cruiser Indigo, tell me what you told High Command."

"We are here to report an attack on two Republic ships and an assault on a Jedi planet!" Kori repeated.

"You're sure a Jedi planet?" The Admiral questioned.

"Yes, Admiral, Ossus," Kori replied.

Another pause. "Who am I speaking to?"

"Acting-Captain Kori Buor," he stated.

"What happened to... Captain Lucas?" The Admiral asked.

"He's dead, sir," Kori inhaled deeply remembering the battle. "He died during the battle. If you don't believe that then scan this ship for the damage we received! We also have a dozen Jedi from the attack."

"Acting-Captain Buor, I want you to dock at Refit Station Archipelago, from there you will take a shuttle to the Indigo and report directly to me. The Jedi you have on board will take a shuttle to the Jedi Temple. There has been an attack at the Temple, I believe this may be linked. Those are your orders. Carry them out."

"Yes, sir," Kori replied. The COM channel died and left Kori standing in the center of the quiet bridge. "You heard that, take us to that station and ready two shuttles. I will inform the Jedi."

"Yes sir!" Came the reply.

Kori left the bridge and visited the Jedi in their cargo hold. "Master Kin," Kori called once he saw the Jedi Knight.

Kin looked up at the Captain and nodded. He made his way over to the Officer. "What is it Kori?"

"We have arrived at Coruscant. I have just talked to the Admiral in charge of the Defense Fleet. He wants you to take the Jedi on a shuttle and go to the Jedi Temple. He said there has been an attack at the Temple as well."

Kin looked down at his feet. "Then it is as I feared..."

His Twi'lek padawan joined him. "What is it Master?"

"The Temple has been attacked as well..."

The padawan covered her mouth.

"Do not fear, I still sense a great presence of Masters there. I am sure they will want our report. They must have known something has happened on the Outer Rim," Kin pondered. "When will the shuttle be ready?"

"Momentarily, I have to report to the Admiral as well, so you may take your shuttle when you are ready. We will be docking at a refit station to make repairs," Kin replied.

"Good, I shall assemble the Jedi and we will depart immediately," Kin stated. He bowed to the Officer and Kori returned the bow. "May the Force be with you, Kori Buor."

"And with you Master Jedi."

Kori left the cargo hold while Kin left to inform Athena of the attack and that they should leave immediately while his padawan gathered the younglings together.
Kori Buor
Kori Buor

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerHound Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:38 pm

Uriel was in his chambers, preparing for the journey to Taris when he got the call.

"Master Kelevra, We have just receieved word that the Triumphant has just returned from it's mission and there are Jedi Refugees on board. The Jedi are headed to the temple now to be debriefed. Grand Master Aldaana has caled the council together."

Uriel tied his close-fitting robe tight around his waist. He had packed only clothes suitable for training and combat.

"Where is the vessel returning from?" he asked the comm operator.

"Ossus, Master Kelevra."

Uriel cringed. Hundreds of Jedi had been on Ossus. He dooubted many had managed to escape. Ossus was not a world with large space ports, and the Triumphant was not a large vessel. He knew the captain of the ship, and wanted to speak with him immediately.

"Where is Captain Lucas now?" he asked, eager to see him. He had met Lucas several times before. A bit hot-headed, but a honorable man.

"Captain Lucas was killed in action, master. Captain Buor has replaced him. The vessel is docking with Archipelago as we speak."

This news genuinely shocked him. He needed to see Buor immediately.

"Tell Grandmaster Aldaana that i am going to Archipelago. Alert Admiral Talon as well." he said, shutting off the link before the operator could protest.

The council would have questions for the jedi survivors, but Uriel knew the answers already. He wanted to hear this from the point of view of a citizen of the Republic. He needed to know for sure if the sith were planning war. If they had fired on a republic vessel, the answer seemed obvious.

He left the room quickly and hurried down the hall to the shuttles. The reconstruction was coming along well, but the damage was still obvious in the halls. Scorch marks and small craters were scattered across the walls.

If this much damage had been done by so few Sith here, how bad must the Carnage have been at Ossus?
JokerHound
JokerHound

Back to top Go down

Post by Kori Buor Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:59 pm

Kori stood in front of Admiral Talon. He had just given his report of the battle at Ossus to the Admiral. The older man sat in his chair with a cool demeanor. His hands were pointed in a steeple covering part of his face.

"Lieutenant Buor, are you sure about what you are stating?" The Admiral asked.

"Absolutely, Admiral," Kori replied.

The Admiral sighed as he leaned back into the cushion. "Very well. I am giving you the commission of Captain and a new ship. You are the only person with experience fighting this new threat. I want you to instruct our intelligence officers of what you know of the enemy's ships."

"Sir!" Kori stood up straighter. "Thank you, sir!"

"You earned it, Captain. You demonstrated a coolness in battle and a level head, and because of that you saved your ship and your crew. You will transfer your command to the Heavy Cruiser Theseus once you have been fully debriefed. But first, there is another matter to attend to. Jedi Master Uriel Kelevra is requesting to speak with you on the Archipelago. Go and see what he wants," the Admiral ordered. "Dismissed."

Kori saluted. "Yes sir!" The Admiral returned the salute. Kori left the Admiral's office aboard the Indigo. His shuttle took him to the refit station where the Jedi Master was waiting for him. Kori wondered why a Jedi Master would want to speak to him, the rest of the Jedi had already departed for the Temple. His shuttle landed in one of the station's hangers next to the Triumphant. He stepped off and was greeted by one of the station's attendee's.

"I'm looking for Jedi Master... Kelevra," Kori recalled.

"Right this way," the attendee took him to where he would meet the Jedi Master.
Kori Buor
Kori Buor

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerHound Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:16 am

Uriel waited in the briefing room for Buor. The room had several maps on the walls, along with photos of famous republic ships. A long table lined with chairs dominated the room, though Uriel chose not to sit.

The door at the far end of the room slid open and an attendant and the ship commander entered the room.

"Good evening, Captain. I am Master Uriel Kelevra. I have read the reports of several of your crew members and before we get started here, i would first like to personally thank you, on behalf of myself and the rest of the jedi Order, for your actions at Ossus. Your decisions saved many lives."

"Sir, I merely did my duty," replied the young man.

"No, Captain Buor, your actions saved jedi lives. You have given us a small comfort in this time of sadness. I knew your former commander, Captain Lucas."

"It was an honor to serve with him, Master Kelevra. He was a great- "

Uriel cut him off before he could finish the sentence. "Lucas was a man of honor and courage. But he was not a man to accept defeat. You and i both know that if you had not taken command your crew and those jedi would all be dead. Captain Buor, i will mourn for Lucas. His death is sad, but had it not happened you would all be dead and we would still have no idea what we are facing."

Kori remained silent, unsure of how to respond to criticism of the late captain.

"I wanted to hear it from you, Captain. The council will hear from the Jedi survivors, but i wanted to know the what the military men who actually experienced it think of the event. Did the Sith fire on you because there were Jedi on board? Did they even know you had jedi on board? Or, did the Sith fire on you because you were a republic vessel and they wanted no witnesses?"
JokerHound
JokerHound

Back to top Go down

Post by Kori Buor Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Sith. The word sounded as alien to him as a Hutt. Kori stood there thinking, recalling the events that transpired.

"As I recall the 'Sith' ships, as you called them, attacked indiscriminately. As far as I know, they did not know we had brought the Jedi onto the ship. Even if they did, it does not justify the attack on the Respondent," Kori stated. "If I had to guess Master Jedi, I would say it is because they wanted to destroy everything. They did not care if we had Jedi on board or not, they just wanted to see us burn. I would guess that they didn't want any witnesses, but even then they did not have to indiscriminately bombard the surface..."

The Jedi Master stared at him reflecting on his last statement.

"As far as I know," Kori started. "Before we jumped to hyperspace the Sith fleet appeared to be moving into a position to begin orbital bombardment, and prior to our takeoff they had dispatched bomber wings to bomb the cities and the temple. If they were after the Jedi they didn't need to carpet bomb the entire planet."

Kori lifted his head. "I believe these Sith mean to bring war to the Republic, and wipe out the Jedi. I feel that the Sith may even planning the next move against us. Now, if I had to guess, these Sith couldn't have built a fleet like the one i saw in a short amount of time. They have been planning this for a long time, which means they have done well at avoiding the attention of the Republic and the Jedi Order. This, as well as the limited information I know if the attack on your temple, lead me to believe these Sith are versed in the art of stealth. We will have to expect the unexpected, and be wary of their motives. They could easily infiltrate our government and military without us knowing. I would watch the Senate more carefully now, who knows what will happen next."
Kori Buor
Kori Buor

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerHound Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:52 pm

As though in response to Kori's comments the viewscreens in the room lit up and Admiral Talon's voice came over the comms.

"Men and women of the Republic. As of six minutes ago, we are officially at war. The world of Mon Calamari is under attack by an unknown enemy, though their fleet has superior numbers and is attacking without attempt at negotiation or mercy. All Naval personnel report to your vessels and await orders."

Uriel turned to Captain Buor. "Thank you Captain. It appears your assessment was dead on. I am sure you will prove to be a more than competent commander. Lead your new vessel well."

And with that, Uriel turned and headed out of the room in a hurry.

He boarded a shuttle back to the temple and spoke to grandmaster Aldaana through the commlinks.

"Uriel, we have approved allowing Jedi to voluntarily serve with the republic military as advisers and battlefield commanders. Defense fleets are massing and preparing to jump to the outer rim. All of the worlds are getting substantial reinforcements. Mon Calamari has a large battle group preparing to attempt to relieve the defenders there, but it is anyones guess if they will make it in time. A larger strike force is being assembled to accompany the defense fleet heading to Taris. It appears Admiral Tarik has formed a strike force with the intent of using it as a counter-attack force and has agreed with your assessment that Taris is the best place to organize defenses for this campaign. He has requested you join him as a member of his senior command."

Uriel was almost shocked at how fast this was all happening. He had not expected the Sith to strike so bluntly.

"Very well, Grandmaster I will gather my equipment at the temple and immediately join Admiral Tarik aboard the Illuminator. I will rally any willing Jedi from the surrounding areas and speak with the council there. Hopefully we can muster enough willing Jedi to supplement the Republic forces and give them a fighting chance against the Sith."

Mere hours later, Uriel was on the command bridge of The illuminator. The massive battleship was the flagship of Stike Group Kilo, a force that was intended to be the hammer against the anvil of the planetary defense fleets. The fleet was a mighty force, but even as they prepared to jump to Taris, Uriel wondered if it would be enough.
JokerHound
JokerHound

Back to top Go down

Post by Kori Buor Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Kori departed from the room where he had met the Jedi Master. He was still in a state of partial shock. Now they were at war. He had to find his way to the Triumphant where he was going to transfer the remaining crew to the Theseus which was currently unmanned.

The Theseus was a brand new heavily armed battlecruiser. It was produced by Rendili StarDrive to serve as a capital ship. It was over a kilometer long and had a speed greater than a Dreadnaught Heavy Cruiser. It utilized an improved reactor that provided the required power to its powerful engines, shields, and its weapons. Kori was excited to examine the ship for himself, but first he would need a crew. He reached his old ship and walked on board. He proceeded to move to the bridge where a skeleton crew remained to oversee repairs. Kori walked to the Captain's chair where he entered the transfer into the computer which would upload it to the Admiralty for approval.

Kori looked at his chrono, he wouldn't have time to wait. He stood up and left the bridge going to his new command. The Theseus was docked at the opposite end of the station in one of its larger bays. The ship was large, so large that the docking clamps only attached to the thin bow section of the ship. Kori looked at the ship from a nearby window; the engines easily were a quarter of the ship's length. Two main cylinders at the rear of the ship flanked by four large secondary engines and six tertiary engines gave Kori that this should could reach fast speeds for a ship of its size and weight, if not a little back heavy. It contained a mass driver that ran from the front of the engine compartment to the bow of the ship. It was capable of throwing a projectile at what Kori considered "insanely fast speeds" in the vacuum of space. It had a dozen heavy turbolaser turrets as well as a dozen heavy turbolaser batteries spread across its surface. An assortment of light turbolaser, ion, and missile batteries covered the rest of its thick armor being topped off with two score point defense laser cannons. Commanding a ship like this had been Kori's dream since he was little.

It would take a few hours for the transfer orders to be approved and another couple of hours for the men and women of the Triumphant to make their way to the Theseus. He would also need an Executive Officer and he knew just who to ask.
Kori Buor
Kori Buor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kori Buor Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:40 pm

Kori sat in the Captain's Chair on board the Theseus. He was examining the bridge and the ship's systems. It was a behemoth of a cruiser. While just under 1200 meters long, not the biggest ship in the Republic Navy by far, it was thick, resembling a sideways hexagonal pyramid with an octagonal base housing its massive fusion engines. While its length was on par with any other Republic Battlecruiser its thick size created a large target profile. On Kori learned was compensated for by its thick armor, heavy overlapping shield arrays, and fast speed and incredible maneuverability for a ship of its size and weight. Its mass was double of any Republic cruiser but only a third of what it should be. The ship's intricate honeycombed design increased its strength and survivability and made it a lightweight for its size allowing it to move faster and more nimbly than other ships of relative size.

Most of the crew transfers had gone through but he was still short some five hundred hands. He put in a priority request to High Command for more crewmembers. A battalion of Marines was currently moving aboard the ship for defense against boarding as well as security and a force for landing parties. The ship currently held its maximum of four squadrons of heavy fighters and bombers in its lateral hanger bays in the middle of the ship in addition to dropships and shuttles.

Kori was impressed with the offensive capabilities of the ship. The massive reactor on the ship could divert its massive energy stores all to weapons during a battle. It could fire its mass driver every five seconds sending any round that it could throw across the massive vastness of space taking only seconds to cross. The ship's heavy turbolaser cannons could fire three times every second for several seconds in a high intensity volley. The rest of its weaponry could fire at similar rates of fire. Kori learned that its point defense cannons were actually cleverly concealed quad laser turrets that could cripple fighters and damage smaller corvettes with a volley. The turrets only emerged once the ship engaged in combat, however any of the weapons could effectively target fighters with the ship's fast-moving targeting system.

Kori was waiting for his first officer to arrive as he walked around the bridge. He liked this ship, he was glad to finally captain a ship, and a new ship at that. Top of the line, first in its class. The bridge became busier as more of the crew arrived to attend to its various station. Once all hands were aboard they would begin their shakedown.
Kori Buor
Kori Buor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum